Sunday, January 10, 2010

Something Old, Something New....


I saw this photograph on one of my favorite blogs - From the Right Bank.  This is exactly what I am referring to when I say I want a mix of old and new.  I love the old and crusty sofa combined with a modern looking lamp and modern art on the wall.  I feel that when you combine the two it's a much fresher and younger look.  All antiques looks like a grandmother's home and all modern is too cold for me.  The perfect solution is combining the two.  Right now I don't even have a sofa.  In its place is a french daybed with a beautiful hand made cushion that I had made by a man who used to make mattresses by hand.  He used those old techniques to create the cushion.  As soon as I figure out how to use my Nikon D90, I'll post a photograph.  
{photo: From the Right Bank via Head Over Heels}

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sarah:
    Thank you so much for your comment - I'm thrilled you are reading my blog. I have only been at it for 2 weeks but I absolutely love it. What fun.

    ReplyDelete