Sunday, January 17, 2010

Prize...what a treasure

Every time I embark on my annual road trip to San Francisco, I look forward to my day in Ashland, Oregon.  Nestled in the foothills of the mountains,  Ashland has quickly become a destination for me.  I can have one day in this little town on the Oregon-California border and do more than most large cities. To begin with, this is the home of the Shakespeare Festival and as a result there is always a show (many in a beautiful outdoor amphitheatre).  In addition, I adore staying in the Ashland Springs Hotel.  This hotel is located in the center of town and is a lovely restored historical hotel.  Finally, probably my favorite thing about the town is one of my favorite shops - Prize.  I was a client of Prize in San Francisco.  Several years ago, the owner moved to Ashland and opened the shop up there.  She has an amazing mix of old and new - I would definitely give her the "prize" of best flea market finds!!!  Some of my favorite treasures in my home come from Prize.  A beautiful arched French mirror in my bedroom, animal flash cards, maps, and my very favorite - small white camel tables that sit next to my French daybed in my living room.  I'm already looking forward to my next road trip this summer.
{photo: Prize}

No comments:

Post a Comment