Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sweet Dreams




The bed in the first photo is almost identical to mine except for the fact that the one in the image is painted white.  Mine is wood.  It's French from the 1920's and I still love it.  Sometimes I have wondered whether I would like it better painted white - hum...another weekend project? The next two beds are magical and I can imagine curling up and reading a book in them.  In the last bedroom I'm smitten for the wall painted gray on the bottom and white on the top - it reminds me of walls in Mexico when I lived there.
photos: sarah kaye (1 & 2), automatism  (3), sacramento street (4)

6 comments:

  1. I love the 3er one! Its magic!!!!
    And its a great idea the way they have painted the wall! Im thinking of doing the same in mine´s!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. You know I'd be thinking twice about painting your bed white, often when you have have a beautiful piece of furniture such as yours keeping it in its original conditions is what makes it so special- well thats my opinion anyway!
    Enjoy your day :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go ahead and paint it.... That's what I'm doing with mine, but if you a grey then you can highlight the details on it with an ivory or something else...... Maryanne;) Gorgeous pictures by the way.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last one is my favourite. Such a peaceful, beautiful room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last room as well, that cornflower blue is my absolute favourite colour and have to restrain myself from using it everywhere in the house...! I will have to visit Mexico I think...

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the rooms are amazing!Love the third one most!Chic and vintage!

    ReplyDelete