Tuesday, June 22, 2010

To Russia With Love

Who would have ever thought that while I was in San Francisco I would see Dmitry Medvedev, the President of Russia.  He's staying at the hotel I am at.  It has been in a flurry since yesterday with swarms of secret service types (you know the ones with the wires going in their ear) and dignitaries being greeted every other minute.  Apparently there is also a Russian warship docked at the Embarcadero and this is the first time since the Civil War a warship from Russia has been in U.S. waters.  I plan to go on the ship on Thursday when its open to the public.  Until then, I'll just sit in the lobby and try to guess who the dignitaries are.  I know Arnold is here tonight but I have yet to see him.  Ah how I love the adventure of travel.  You just never know what will be your next adventure.
{photo: SF gate }

No comments:

Post a Comment