Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dreaming of Summer

This has been an unusually cold Spring in the Northwest.  It's continues to rain cats and dogs and the more it does the more I dream of the warmth of sunshine and sitting outside in the garden.  I hope it arrives soon and I promise to cherish every minute of the bright season.  Here are some photos that made me smile today - of course, they all are outdoor shots.
I think I was drawn to the above photo because of the arched door and the beautiful ink drawing.  I think simplicity in living and decor is so refreshing and the kind of spaces I feel most comfortable in.
This photograph reminds me of a small town in Mexico that I used to live in.  Its called Valle de Bravo and was a small resort town for weekenders from Mexico City.  I think its the tile roof and the view that bring back the memory of this small paradise I once inhabited.  I can almost smell the sweet air!

So I hope to be spilling over with joy when the sun pops its head out soon.  I hope it arrives soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment