Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Small Spaces...Creating Your Nest



I was smitten with the latest House Beautiful.  It was nice to see a magazine focus on small space living.  Small spaces can be elegant and a very carefree way to live.  Lately I've been wondering if I should move out of my three story townhouse.  Maybe a smaller place would be an adventure I would enjoy.  Here is the place I fell in love with in House Beautiful and gave me the visual idea of a smaller space.

{photos: House Beautiful }

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the freedom of a small space! I also fell for this spread in House Beautiful. Clean, fresh, full - and yet uncluttered.

    About the only think I really didn't like was the crazy postcard light fixture in the living room. I know they're all the rage right now, but it reminds me too much of papers swirling around on a windy street. The rest of the room will last for years, but I predict that fixture is out the door within two.

    But hey, we all have our faults, right? And, a little imperfection adds some interest I suppose. So, maybe the fixture isn't a monster after all. Maybe it's genius. Either way, love this space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I completely agree - that chandelier was awful - but the general idea of the room - love!

    ReplyDelete